One of my favorite verses has always been James 1:5:

If any of you lack wisdom, he should ask God who gives generously and without finding fault and it will be given to him.
I love it because so many times I have needed wisdom because I had gotten myself in a mess of my own doing. As a parent it is hard to give advice to the girls when they made the mess without telling them, "what were you thinking?"
In this verse though, we can see that God is willing to give us wisdom without the fault pointing. Just yesterday though, I was studying James and this verse jumped out at me, James 3:17:
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure, then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.
I don't quite have a handle of that part of wisdom, but as it is rolling around in my mind. I have been thinking about what areas do I need wisdom for 2009. Several immediately pop up,
  • finances
  • helping people
  • raising the girls to follow God
  • work

Just to name a couple in my life, as I am asking God for wisdom, it brings me comfort that it will be all of those things He listed. Then I'm struck by how if that is what the wisdom will look like, then that is how my actions need to be.

Pure

Peace-Loving

Considerate

Submissive

Full of mercy

Good Fruit

Impartial

Sincere

That is a list worthy to be my New Year's Resolution! I hope in the coming year, you that see me in day to day life, we see more of these in me!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a mom to 3 girls, who I'm crazy about! I'm married to my High School sweetie and now my daughter is the age I was when I first met him! Unbelieveable! I'm trying harder and harder to make Jesus the complete center of my life, and you all help me in more ways than you know!

Jeremiah 17:8

He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.