One thing I noticed right as I started doing my lesson for today, is when this was written, I must have wrote much smaller than I do now! Seriously, at the time I was very concerned with making sure each day was only one page. I have no clue why that was important to me, but it was.

As I read through my verses, in 1 John 1-2:11, what jumped out to me, was "if we walk in the light we will have fellowship with one another" V. 1:7. Then in verse 2:10, whoever loves his brother lives in the light.

Both these verses, speak directly to a spot God has been working on with me. Interaction with people. My natural tendency is not to make friends easily, never have been very good making friends. But you know what, when Katie had some trouble this summer, I made three phone calls to friends, and thanks to them being willing to help (and them being much more friend blessed) a small army came and helped.

That spoke volumes to my heart, and I know I need to walk daily as a better friend.

Now, for this blog thing to work, we have to interact. So in the comments, let me know what you saw today. If you are new to blogs, you can click on the comment button under this post. Then you can write your comments, click anonymous and then click the publish button!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand your whole friend dilemna. I am good at helping others but not asking for help when I need it!

Anonymous said...

I've prayed for friends for years. I've volunteered at church for years seeking friendships there I've sought friends at work at school for some reason it's always eluded me. So now I just ask God to make me a blessing to someone and in time the friends will come =D!

Jenny said...

Thanks for sharing with us! I'll be praying for both of you. I'm glad (that might not be the right word) maybe I should say relieved that it's not just me that has a hard time with friendships.

SandyP said...

Hi Jenny,
I read your blog and will say that in the trying times that we have had these past couple of years I have been blessed with friends who have totally come to my aid. Their support and love have made a difference. So do you.

Anonymous said...

For a long time when I moved to GA 8 years ago I wondered if I would find good friends. Today I can say that he has blessed me with some great friends.

Sheila K said...

For many years when I moved to Ga I wondered if I would find good friends. I can say that he has blessed me with some great friends.

About Me

My photo
I'm a mom to 3 girls, who I'm crazy about! I'm married to my High School sweetie and now my daughter is the age I was when I first met him! Unbelieveable! I'm trying harder and harder to make Jesus the complete center of my life, and you all help me in more ways than you know!

Jeremiah 17:8

He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.