All the snow is gone, and as cold as it has been many of us are longing for summer already! I am so fickle, one day I'm in awe of the snow and today ready for summer. When I sat down this morning to start my study, a verse caught my eye and I thought it might have caught yours too.


Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. James 1:21


What threw me for a loop, was that last part "which can save you". What is up with that? I went back a few verses to see it in context. It starts out "brothers", so I can safely conclude that James is writing to Christians so what is that verse saying?


It is really an amazing concept once I studied it out. It is talking about how when we accept the "word" into our heads/hearts it has the power to save us. Not salvation saving but everyday life on the plantet saving. I started thinking about some of the ways God's word has saved me recently.


One that popped in my mind, was a dinner we went to, where someone there said something that immediately caused me to want to smack them across the table. Do you know what I mean? But all of a sudden that verse that says, "a fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control."


In my past there has been many a time that I acted the fool and had to try to make something right. And sometimes you can and sometimes you can't, but when I let that Word implanted save me, I end up being wise!


Can you share a way God's Word implanted in you has saved you?

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a mom to 3 girls, who I'm crazy about! I'm married to my High School sweetie and now my daughter is the age I was when I first met him! Unbelieveable! I'm trying harder and harder to make Jesus the complete center of my life, and you all help me in more ways than you know!

Jeremiah 17:8

He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.