We seem to be in a world that is changing right before our eyes! I never thought I would get up in the morning and think, where will I get gas and will it have any?

Not to mention the economy. The girls (I have 3, one 15, one 12 and one 10) and I talked some the other night about what is going on. It's weird to be trying to reassure them that when they say 'we are headed to another depression', that they don't mean a depression. Especially since in the back of my head I'm thinking, surely they don't mean a depression like the one I have read about.

When we started this blog, I keep thinking of that verse that in my mind said those planted by the water will draw from that water and be fine. When I looked up the actual verse it said something a little different:

He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.

What a promise! The key is us, are we planted by the water or not? In scripture the Word of God many times is pictured as water. Are we drinking it in or some form of Kool-Aid?

I for one this week have been planted by CNN(Kool-Aid) and it shows! What is so wonderful though is just like a plant when we are refreshed and our leaves perk up. We really don't have a clue what is coming, but we never do. But we can choose to plant our selves by the water and draw from it!

So how about you guys, how is God speaking to you right now and what is He saying?

Jenny

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a mom to 3 girls, who I'm crazy about! I'm married to my High School sweetie and now my daughter is the age I was when I first met him! Unbelieveable! I'm trying harder and harder to make Jesus the complete center of my life, and you all help me in more ways than you know!

Jeremiah 17:8

He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.