I have been helping out with the youth here and there for the last few weeks. For the last two weeks I have gotten to be in with the High School girls for small group. Now can I say I wasn't overly excited to be helping in there. You might remember that I have a teen in my house already and I'm not sure I could handle any more drama! But the normal leader had to be out so I filled in.

I was wrong and God smacked me upside the head with it this week.


See even though I have a teen daughter, in my mind I didn't realize what they were doing in small groups. I guess I had this picture of them talking, acting goofy, texting and just being teen girls.

But you know what they are doing? The same thing we are doing, trying to get a handle on how to handle crisis, how do I live out what we believe and all that entails.


They are sharing, searching and trying to firm up exactly what they believe. And you know what we could take a lesson from them. I realized last night that we are missing out on HUGE blessings by not investing in these young ladies.


One of the things that struck me the most is how hard they are trying. They are sharing their lives and looking for guidance, from Jesus first and real live women secondly. And you know what, their troubles look a lot like ours. Relationships, one gal is trying hard to follow what God is telling her to do while at the exact same time honor her dad's wishes. If you're married I bet (can I bet on the church's blog??) you may have been in that same place.

Another one that struck me is a gal with a boyfriend who is not on the same page as her with Jesus. Been there, how about you?

Another that is in a situation that had bigger consequences than she thought! Check that one off myself!

Lastly, one of them is in desperate need for God to show up big. Been there before and right there now.

This morning on my way to work I was thinking about them and I kept thinking of Titus, the older women should nurture the younger women. Now I have always thought of that as the OLD women helping the young women like in their 20's or something. But as I thought of OUR young ladies, in our church, they need us desperately to encourage them.

Maybe something as simple as a 'good morning darling we are glad you are here' or 'you have a great smile.' They need to know we believe in them and we are proud of them.

Because I can assure you that from what I saw the last two weeks, Jesus is proud of them!

Jenny

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a mom to 3 girls, who I'm crazy about! I'm married to my High School sweetie and now my daughter is the age I was when I first met him! Unbelieveable! I'm trying harder and harder to make Jesus the complete center of my life, and you all help me in more ways than you know!

Jeremiah 17:8

He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.