What a morning! I’m sitting in my car because I left my office keys at home. That makes it mighty hard to open the door. Nothing like sitting in the parking lot having to wait for someone to come and open the door. Thankfully, I only have to wait 30 minutes until Dana, our receptionist comes in.
As I’m sitting here it strikes me that I have lived my spiritual life like this, waiting on someone to come and open the door for me. I still vividly recall as a young (not in years per say) Christian every time I needed to know where a verse was I had to call Eloise. She always seemed to have the answer. But it made me dependent on her, if I couldn’t get a hold of her I was smack out of luck, I had to wait. Just like I am waiting now, impatiently.
A couple of weeks ago when I first started talking to Ms. Kitty about doing this study, I knew God wanted to do it but I didn’t have a clear picture of where we would be heading. I had a general idea that it would have something to do with God fighting for verses our natural tendency to fight with. We fight with our husbands, our kids, our co-workers, and sometimes even with the people in the next car. Not God though He fights for us, for our families, for our friends, for our jobs, always for.
But it wasn’t until this morning as I’m sitting here that I realized He wants to give us the keys so we can get busy fighting for with Him. You know when you have the keys, you no longer have to wait on someone else, you see a need and you canrespond..
But when you don’t have them, you’re like I am, sitting in a parking lot knowing I could be doing something, but not able to. That begs the question, what will these keys look like?
The keys are:
Who are we in Christ?
How do I walk worthy as one who has been called?
Faith
Standing
Learning to use my weapons.

So if you find yourself fighting with people join us and lets take some new keys. Opening a new door of fighting for!

I hope you will decide to join us starting on Wednesday nightsOctober 22nd thru Nov. 19th. We will be meeting during AWANA'S in the ladies trailer. Or you can join us online here.

Oh, here is Dana, gotta run!
Jenny

1 comments:

laura said...

OK, ladies, you gotta' make this one. Who can't relate... especially if you are a spouse, mother, sister, employer, neighbor, friend...of if you have any one of the above in your life. Raise your hands if you've ever told someone you care about that you're gonna beat them. Then it's settled, sign-up. And if you can't make it... be sure to check it out online.

About Me

My photo
I'm a mom to 3 girls, who I'm crazy about! I'm married to my High School sweetie and now my daughter is the age I was when I first met him! Unbelieveable! I'm trying harder and harder to make Jesus the complete center of my life, and you all help me in more ways than you know!

Jeremiah 17:8

He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.