What a day we had yesterday! I'm thinking many of you are like me and received a good word from the Lord through Debbie.

I jumped up (maybe dragged) myself up this morning determined to start the morning using what I had learned.

As I got my journal out and filled in the page I wrote Almighty in under the Lord's column. As I sat here thinking about what that word meant I decided to look up a couple of places where it is used. I turned to Amos (thinking now that is a book I don't read often) and just about fell off the couch!

Right across the top of chapter 5 it says "A Lament and call to REPENTANCE!" (emphasis mine)
That is exactly what God had been saying to me, I have to learn to repent and not just say I'm sorry. There is a big difference in the two for me. So I already know that as I start to read Amos God has something to say.

As I read through chapter 5, they were in big trouble for sin in their nation and at verse 14 He says:

Seek good, not evil,
that you may live.
Then the LORD God Almighty will be
with you,
just as you say He is.

As I pondered that a couple things struck me. First, our nation is in trouble and a lot of the trouble we are in has some similarities to the people in Amos time. When God says those words to Israel, they could apply to us as a country also. The country needs to turn back to God and seek Him, then He will be with us just like our money says He is.

I wanted so much to stop pondering there, because that was easy as I sit in my chair. Yes, Lord the country needs to seek you and then we will live. And you will be with us.

But you know what? It starts with me. I'm in this country and I need to make sure I am seeking good and not evil. That is a huge difference to me. Some of what I watch, read and even talk about if I truly held it side by side with what God says through His written Word would be considered evil. See I just did it, "considered" nope it is evil!

As I looked at my journal, seeing Chad's name, then mine, then Meghan's, Katie's and Lauren's I realized we have got to start seeking good not evil! The stakes are too high for us to keep fooling around!

So how about you all, what did God speak to you at the conference and what did you hear from the Almighty God today?

Jenny

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a mom to 3 girls, who I'm crazy about! I'm married to my High School sweetie and now my daughter is the age I was when I first met him! Unbelieveable! I'm trying harder and harder to make Jesus the complete center of my life, and you all help me in more ways than you know!

Jeremiah 17:8

He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.